Sick of mid-day slick and shine? Make a few adjustments to your skin care regimen to help control oil production from morning until night.
- Create a “matte kit” that fits conveniently in your purse or backpack for mid-day touch-ups. Your kit should include oil-free lotions or sunscreens containing microsponges that help soak up excess oil. It can also contain wipes loaded with Salicylic Acid (not alcohol!) to help degrease skin, help prohibit acne bacteria, and keep skin feeling fresh.
- Use a clay-based cleanser to help mop up oil on the surface.
- After cleansing, apply a moisturizer, even if you think your skin doesn’t need it. Oily skin can suffer from dehydration (which is a lack of water) while being oily.
- Once or twice a week, apply a clay-based masque to help control sebaceous gland secretions and clean out pores.
- Exfoliation can help control oil production, improve skin texture, and help prevent clogged pores that lead to breakouts. It also helps prep the skin for maximum treatment from oil-controlling ingredients. Your professional skin therapist can prescribe a physical or chemical exfoliant to improve the health of skin.
Leave a comment